Odds and Ends

When I first thought of making a blog, I thought, "Cool! Yeah! Sweet! I'll write a post a day, I've got tons of stuff to write down." I managed to cool my head and try for ten to fifteen posts a month. That seems more manageable, and it really is.
While it's true that there's tons of stuff to write about, I've come to realize, (with a greater clarity anyhow) that you can't simply write a bunch of random thoughts down.

So I was walking the other day and I saw a squirrel rapidly dashing about and gathering nuts; and that got me thinking, "hey, that's what humans are like, always grabbing whatever we can for ourselves and storing up our junk. We oughta' be more like dogs instead, running around and leaving the worries to God and knowing that lavishing love all over makes you maybe kindof annoying, but absolutely irresistible."

That came out of the depths of my brain. No thought whatsoever as to how it might come across, sentence structure, connectivity, clunkiness and a zajillion other writing "rules".
I'm not amazing at writing. I can tell that by reading the posts in this blog. However, I do know that if you want to get better at something, do whatever it is a lot. Slick and neat writing come with many error and fumble. (bad attempt at making a new quote)
So I guess the point is that thoughts come fast and often, but it's another thing to organize them into an interesting form. All the odds and ends swirling around in the brain simply take a little time to tame, and put down in a cohesive and organized state.
And that's the end.

Benjamin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through