Dare I Write?

So far I've been writing about basically, whatever comes to mind. What I'm thinking now is: Dare I write these things?
Okay, so I'm getting myself messed up. The whole point of this "blog" was so that I could write my philosophical thoughts and beliefs down. With the intention that others would read and, hopefully, find something interesting, entertaining, and/or moving. Perhaps encouraging even. Maybe something else I fail to mention too.
My philosophical thoughts, I intend to actually be my beliefs, therefore I would be writing about Jesus, salvation only through him, and other biblical teachings. I arrive then at: Dare I write these things?

The Bible clearly states that false teaching will be severely punished. I think it's Paul or Peter who says something like, "If I preach the truth, then this God is, well, POWER. And I tremble, lest I teach something not true about him.
Which brings me to the fact that I want to have Bible verses, for everything I write here. I notice the above paragraph and go, "hey, the bible clearly states...where? I know it's in the bible, how does anybody else know? Hmmm. I think it's Paul...or Peter? Now that's real bad. He says something like? Crickets, I need the real deal verse."
So forgive me, I don't have the specific verse. Doesn't that sound horrible? I am looking for these verses, and will put them in a comment for this post later. Hopefully within the week.

Dare I write these things? Well... yeah. Because to be silent is disobedience. (another verse I don't have right now) Writing what I believe on a blog, that, at the current time I have no proof that anyone has even read one word off of, is a far cry from actually talking to someone about Christ. But, at least in my mind, it's a step in the right direction. I've always believed that with action, comes a passion for what you're doing. It's just that I've never really applied that. I plan on remedying that, and this blog is a start for me.

Benjamin

Comments

  1. So it has been 2 weeks. Oh well. Here is a couple verses at least. 1 Timothy 6:3-5 "If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another verse.
    James 3:1 "Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through