Marley & Me (movie review)

I've been wanting to watch this movie since I heard about it coming out, and Thursday night I finally got to watch it with my family. I'm happy to say I don't regret watching it.

First off, let me say that since this blog is not a movie review spot, this, and any future movie reviews will be automatic recommendations of mine for watching. Of course, your own discernment upon these recommendations is assumed, and the point of any reviews is to show what I like and don't like about the film, as well as to convince you to watch it. This is my first movie review, so I'm pretty excited about writing it, as well as dreading the realization that sometime down the line I'll end up coming back, and lamenting about how poorly it is written. Ah well, for better or worse, here we go.

Marley & Me is predominately about marriage, as far as I can tell. The movie goes to places like the choice of a stay-at-home mom versus a career mom, the pressures of being a one-woman man, and the reality that that is really more satisfying and brings more happiness, and that while working together as a couple in a long-term relationship is hard, it is more fulfilling.

Here's the major thing I like about the movie. None of these things are really discussed all that much. They are simply implied in a believable way, so it's easy to relate to the characters.

Even though from my perspective the movie has christian principles, it's doesn't in any other way promote Christianity. This is one reason I like the movie, it doesn't promote any religion, political leaning, or whatever. It just sticks to your normal family, and their life, dealing with things as they would naturally come along.

Overall, it is quite clean. There's some questionable scenes between the couple, and a little innuendo. Language is pretty minimal. Actually, www.imdb.com is a great site for finding out exactly what's in a film as far as negative material.

I like this movie because it subtly shows how a husband-wife relationship is better than alternatives, in more than one way. It doesn't hurt that a dog is thrown in for comedy and for the movie to wrap it's points around.

So, if you're interested in some quite wholesome delving into the relationship between a couple, as well as the amusing antics of a dog and the lessons to be learned from them, then Marley & Me fits the ticket perfectly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through