Brainmelt.

Subconsciously I know I'm an idiot, but sometimes it just becomes crystal clear....

Enjoy this story I ended up with today. I realized this works just fine for a post after updating facebook status. Yes, I'm an idiot, I know now. It was still awfully fun and I could care less... about something I don't what.

Russian Circles - Schiphol

Oh my word! Brainmelt. Thought I was just running to Walmart to get 20 pounds of ice for fourth of july homemade ice cream...

Authors Note: For best results, following story must be accompanied by included music clip played at near ear-hurting volume preferably through headphones or some surround-sound equipped music system.

On this fine sweltering summer day of July 4th, 2012, it came to a general consensus that homemade ice cream was needed in order to experience to the full extent, this holiday of our sweet nations independence. Having adjourned council after my own voluntary proposal that I would brave the heat and 20 minute excursion to procure a most necessary and depleted stock of ice, the other members dispersed while I grabbed my intricate package of delight (aka ipod) and scurried.
The story of this adventure then proceeds to drag as filler is written in an attempt to tie in with the music.
I browsed the intergalactic package of delight's (ipod) contents and chose the song flowing to your ears (assuming you're actually playing along here) seeing as it was just the right length for the transit to my destination, so I would listen to it twice because I'm like that and wanted to really digest just one song for some odd reason (you should try it sometime). Sweet melodies rolled sonorously out, twisted in longing notes and whispers of much to come. Having some previous experience with this artist's work, I tentatively waited for change, at least in small part. Still, I was not prepared.
Entering into Atlantic from the west involves driving down a gentle slop of some 200 to 300 yards, and it was here that a most cataclysmic change took place.

Authors Note: The music in surround-sound at near ear-hurting volume should be tampered with as little as possible so as to become fully immersed. And you shouldn't read any further until you hit 3:20 on the clip.

The music shifted, shattering any calm assurance that this was a simple pick-up mission, rather that speed and perhaps haste was critical to the procurement of a most volatile and time-sensitive material due to the intense heat emanating from the sun. After arriving at walmart, a stately walk to purchase the goods turned into power-walking with a fevered brain and frozen arms carrying melting commodity, while waiting for slow-minded teens apparently incapable of shunting their energy drinks through a standard self-checkout. Can't go to hard there, I'm one of them. As soon as business was finished with the machine I shouldered the dying ice and made a beeline for the door, shifting to a jog to the car. I slung the dying companion into the passenger seat and hit play again.

The memories then are fuzzy, as the minutes seemed like hours and the hours that weren't there felt like the same minutes before. All the while, as cops pulled to the side and travelers became blurs unheeded that dying companion was ice clear in focus.... screams rose unbidden to my throat, "Don't you melt on me! We're going to make it! Don't you let go Frodo! Stay with me, almost there!"

As my dear ones life force ebbed, I slewed to a stop, and cradling those last dregs of life, rushed with all speed to sanctuary and cold freezer within. Safe, and alive. Both of us.

TL;DR (to long, didn't read)

I'm back from Bethany camp it was awesome and people were saved from destruction by God's power as usual and I definitely have not recovered lost sleep at all and I happened to listen to this song I've been meaning to for a while and it was great I think you should listen to it too maybe you'll like it though perhaps not as it isn't mass appeal music and mostly only good for rarer moods now that's enough the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through