Chevrons > Than Writing Extra Words

Ephesians 1:3, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."

Galatians 5:22-24, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with it's passions and desires."

In Christ, I am blessed with every spiritual blessing ever; stupendous. Wondrous. Awesome and mind-blowing. I've always told myself that this is what I believe, but I think as Christians far too much time is spent assuming our own realization of all we are blessed with is complete, or merely sufficient. That has been true for me, but that lifestyle is not "filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" (Ephesians 3:19). Furthermore, not only are we blessed with so much that gives life, but our sinful nature has been crucified -what once was appealing and natural can now be seen as destruction and death.

So I've been compiling a list, starting with the fruits of the spirit, and adding any and all others that come to mind below, for a few purposes. To fully grasp how many blessings come from God, in all ways, and their counterparts. As well as to better grasp how complete Christ has made me, when before I was, and had, nothing. Lost, helpless and dead in sin. I started with the intention of putting spiritual blessings on the one side with what the lost replace those with first, but it devolved into spiritual blessings versus general wickedness instead. As a result, this is very much a work in progress. I would love any suggestions and/or additions. I'm still hoping to refine this list to my original intent, or create an entirely new list for that first purpose.


Love > Lust
Joy > Listlessness
Peace > Anxiety
Patience > Impetuousness
Kindness > Bitterness
Goodness > Malice
Gentleness > Violence
Faithfulness > Skepticism
Self-control > Self-Indulgence

Grace > Neediness
Mercy > Strife
Purity > Degradation
Fulfillment > Gratification
Passion > Infatuation
Zeal > Apathy
Meekness > Arrogance
Humility > Pride
Generosity > Greed
Assurance > Cynicism
Character > Vanity
Hope > Delusion
Wisdom > Brashness

Jesus is greater than the World.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through