Clarified Words and Big Families

The last post was on Hard to Say things, and I ended with the idea that all times, people and places are appropriate circumstances to use these words with. As I come from a largish family, I wanted to clarify what I meant. And If you haven't read the post before this one, I would suggest reading it first.
Within reason, these words can be used all the time. Consider my purely hypothetical situation below.

"Will you please pass that wrench? I can't get this bolt undone with mine huge hands."
"Right. One wrench coming up, Ow! I hit my head on it!"
"Oh dear! I'm sorry I asked for it, you wouldn't have hit your head on it had I not. Will you forgive me?"
"I forgive you. It was my fault I hit my head on the wrench."
"Oh, well thank you for getting it for me. This bolt would have been a large pain in ta backside if I hadn't a wrench."

You can probably tell I exaggerated this, em, slightly. The point is, the words can be used a lot, just not excessively, needlessly, and/or pointlessly.

I felt that I needed to write this extra bit on these words use, because I used the easily disproved word all. I thought of this fact a couple hours after I had posted and decided to clarify my point so as to not be seen as an arrogant know-all. Which I do occasionally fail at...
I think a lot of lawyers must come out of large families, because you're constantly biting your tongue and forming complex, foolproof sentences so your peers can't disprove, or otherwise lessen your share of the quite often meager resources around the house. See what I mean?
What I'm trying to get at, is that if a brother or sister can find a crack in your argument they always take it. I mean always. You fellows out there who deal with this know what I mean.
However, I shall shut my mouth on this thought-turned-rant and contemplate better things.

So that's your reading literature for today. Might I suggest, if you're still insistent on surfing the web, to watch youtube videos of The Red Green Show? Have a good day!

Benjamin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through