Hard to Say

I've been thinking. What is something hard to do, outside of your comfort zone, that would benefit others around you and yourself?

A ton of different ideas can be used, but in this instance I swerved towards my speaking habits. I was looking, of course, for something that I could implement fast, that would make me happier too, and (I add this last) I was going for something easier.

Please and Thank you came up quickly, which I thought I did quite well on. Hah! As soon as you think of something you're good at, you start seeing all the many places you aren't good at it. I've realized that most of the time I can be saying please or thank you to someone. The only time I don't need too is when I'm alone! :)
I also found that there are a lot of things that I take for granted, which are important to me and I value without even realizing it; that I now want to thank someone for. One last small observation, was that saying thanks didn't seem quite as effective as thank you. Sometimes thanks can brush off me. However, when I hear thank you, it addresses me directly. It seems to encourage others even more than just thanks.

Please and thank you were great, but I knew I was trying to get off easy. So I reversed my idea.
What about "I'm sorry"? Oh moley. Oh rot. That's tough. Admitting I'm wrong and that I messed up? Die pride die.
Sometimes I only think about how I must have hurt someone hours, or even days after it happened. I still remember telling someone, "Well I already know that" in a pompous, dismissive, and arrogant tone. I'm still hurting over that, and it was at least a month ago!
I always find it cool how once I actually say I'm sorry, not only does it help the other person, it sure does make me feel a whole lot better too.

I gotta continue. What about, "Will you forgive me?" Whoa. Ya never hear this one much. Saying I'm sorry is one thing, but adding will you forgive me, conveys direct regret, places yourself below the other, and seems to really mean you're sorry. (hey I'm no philosopher)
This one is difficult, but it can be so healing for both people.
You know how talking something out can help you realize the truth and accept it sorta? It seems to be the same with, "I forgive you". It helps to truly forgive the other.

Alright. There is plenty more I could ramble about, but I know you can fill in everything just as well. The different times these words are appropriate, the different people the words are directed too, the different circumstances, etc.
I can't resist though. I think the answer is all. All times, all people, all places. *sigh* Die pride die!

So anyway. I hope you think about these things and act upon your conclusions. I am trying too. (but of course I fail miserably) [:)

Benjamin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through