Thanksgiving Grant

Ah, Thanksgiving.

Well, now it's over.
You may have noticed I took an extended leave and haven't written anything for quite some time.
I did debate whether or not to post over the holiday, but my procrastination eventually led to a rather blissful break.

Two things I did decide, though. One, I don't have to write a large chunk of reading every post. And two, well, okay just one thing decided. Just hope smaller posts don't become the general.

So notwithstanding and outwardly proposing I now heretoafter and whatsoforthly put eh, forth this magical and convoluted literature piece henceforth for your readilation.

I decided (without much originality) to write about Thanksgiving. Narrowing my subjects I choose (the first thing that came to mind) things we take for granted.
Now please don't groan, however many blogs or posts you may have read recently about things we take for granted, you must agree that we don't give thanks nearly enough.

Take pens and pencils, actually, no, that's not a good example. By the time you find a working pen or a sharpened pencil you're already quite aware of how useful these are.
Ah..... how about chairs and window blinds? Air and water, floors ceilings and walls, lights and light-bulb shades, whosits whatsits, widgets and wizbits?

Anyway, sometime when you have time, try writing down some things taken for granted. It can actually be pretty fun, the more things you think of, the more you realize you actually have. After a while it can get difficult to think of more items, but why not just start a normal list of items you're thankful of then?

So I hope this post, like 2 Peter 3: 1b says, "I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking", encourages your thoughts, and then your actions.

As a tack-on ending, I say this, sometimes it's hard to get grants, but try asking God for a Thanksgiving Grant. He always gives freely and is pleased when we ask for more wisdom, such as the realization, and thankfulness for many things we take for granted.

Sayonara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through