Inception (movie review)

Planting an idea in someones head, is not as easy as it sounds. If I told you to think about balloons, what would you think about? Balloons naturally pop up, but you know it's not your idea. To plant an idea, so that another person genuinely thinks it's their own, is all contained in the word inception.

Inception, though aptly named, is still largely about other things. Discerning the difference between what is real and what is not. Confronting the difference between what we believe to be real, and what really is. Daring to question whether reality is relevant, or established.

If Inception simply stopped there, I might find it interesting. However, Inception is filled, and nicely paced with some sweet action throughout, as well as amazing visual scenes. In my opinion, the interweaving of these two genres, action and thought-provoking questions, combined with stunning visuals, makes for success in my book any day.

Negatively, Inception does have some foul language. We should be conscience of times when we can avoid being around such junk, but I'll some up how much is in Inception with this: I am surprised with how little there is every time I watch. I appreciate directors who know that language is not necessary. God's name is used in vain, perhaps six or seven times though.

The lead character, Cobbs, has a fairly sensuous wife, but as far as inappropriate content goes, I am extremely happy to give Inception two thumbs up, as there is nothing of that type to be found.

Negatives aside, Inception does pretty much everything else right. I could talk about it, but it's such great film that I don't want to try and explain what in it. What can I leave you with, then? I'm not entirely sure. I bought Inception. For many, that's no recommendation at all, but for me, it's the highest praise I can give a movie. I've only got seven total. There are plenty more movies that I love, and plenty that are family owns, but my collection has seven, including Inception.

So watch Inception. Think about it's questions, how some were answered, how some were confronted. Inception absolutely bombs the skill of having moral points and worldview seamlessly woven into it. I love it.

And make sure you watch it on a good system. Do it justice. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through