Something To Try

I've found there's a significant difference between prayer and talking to God; and reading the bible and listening to God. The difference between legalism and grace.

I'll be honest, I haven't read the bible today. Nor have I (dangerously) had a dedicated prayer time. As I say that, and as I said it to myself earlier today, I find something wrong with those statements. God is in neither.

Don't get me wrong here, it's good to read the bible and pray. I've simply found that my mindset becomes easily distorted towards task achieving when I refer to these two vital practices as something I do, with no mention of God in them. Of course you can achieve a godly bible study with prayer without explicitly putting God's name into the action. I've recently discovered though, that by referring to prayer as it is, talking to God, and referring to bible reading as it is, listening to God, I am constantly reminded of the real reason for why I participate in them.

And that's really all I have for today. It's something that could be interesting to try, something that I thought you might find helpful. Comments and opinions welcomed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through