Link Dump...

Yes, I just posted yesterday, and yes, that's unheard of for me. Today though, all I wanted to do was share some linkage with you. I'll write a short description about each for you, so you can just check out the ones that might interest you. They aren't in a particular order.

Sticker Guy! Simple awesomeness. You can order pre-made stickers, but the real deal is being able to send your own design in. And, the price is quite affordable.

Young Writers Society (YWS). I believe this is hands-down the best site for young writers. Of course there are many wonderful writing sites out there that serious writers should definitely utilize as well, but YWS is excellent for anyone wanting a community of critique-ers and encouragement.

Pandora. The single most useful music discovery tool I've ever encountered. I love Pandora. The basic premise: enter the name of a band you love, and the site tries to play music similar to them. This is achieved by having every song on their site archived with tags such as melodic, breathy female voice, minor key, headnotic beats, etc. As such, it does a pretty decent job, and I've found dozens of artists that I never new of before (and no one else either) and now enjoy.

CaptainCrawl. Once you've discovered some great artists, it's nice to be able to hear their music in entirety before deciding whether or not you're going to buy and keep it. Use CaptainCrawl to trawl the blogosphere for downloadable albums. It won't find everything, and you can google find some things easier than CaptainCrawl, but it's the best place to start.

Keepvid. There are probably better video clip downloaders out there somewhere, but I use Keepvid whenever I want something off of Youtube. Easy to use, and therefore fast and effective. Brings up multiple formats/quality's to choose from as downloads too.

DeviantArt. I only add deviantart because there are some truly amazing artists on there. I don't recommend spending a lot of time there because the site is only thinly censored, and temptation lurks. Better to avoid temptation before it even becomes a possibility. However, taking a quick gander at hand sketches of Batman or whatever with a friend, can be really inspirational.

750 Words. Okay, so I am unashamedly promoting artsy writing stuff, but 750 words is pretty interesting. 750 words is approximately three pages, and this site does a great job of encouraging you to simply gush everything out in words. Forget editing and punctuation crap. Just. Write. It is enormously beneficial for writers to simply get their words out and not have to ever think about editing. You can if you want too, but don't. Not with this site. Encourages your brain's creative literary flow.

Bandcamp. The site I'm going to use to sell my music. Treats customers like royalty, and treats musicians like they need someone who treats customers like royalty. From what I've seen of it, I think this is a good way for the music industry to go. Less money for the customers, more money for the artists.

How It Should Have Ended. Alternate endings and changes to movies, in a slick 2d cartoon animation style. Then, peppered with one-liner jokes and funnies that can be hilarious, but at the least, are almost always funny.

Sylvawolf. A friend's blog that I enjoy a lot. Really good lyrics/poems type writings. Lots of meanings to be found.

Meadow To Grove. Another friend's art blog. She is amazing at chalk art, and has somewhat recently taken up learning the skill of watercolor. Much talent, much skill, and only getting better as time goes on.

That's enough! To many already. Enjoy what you will. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through