Gonna' Tell Others About This Blog

Due to excessive busyness (note, not necessarily industrious busyness) I find that once again, I haven't posted for about a week. Argh!
 

More posts mean more views. More views means I post more. The outcome and result is either a symbiotic relationship where I regularly post and regularly get read, or a vicious circle where I don't post and no one knows the blog exists anymore.

There's no way I post for views, for that would be like seeking the praise of man, but it's undeniable that posting something that no one will read is a waste of time. I can write in a notebook and achieve much more self-improvement than I can writing a post. Views, are not the reason I post, even though they are a lot of my motivation.

So if views motivate me, why don't I tell anyone about the blog? What is the likelihood of someone randomly thinking, "Hey, I wonder if Benjamin has a blog?" And then actually finding it amongst a gazillion other blogs? And a bajillion-million websites? It simply doesn't happen.

Way back during the beginning of my blogging experience, I felt a fair degree of trepidation towards writing what could influence others' lives. I wondered if I dared to write about important things. To some extent, that trepidation still exists, but it is rebuffed by 1 Peter 13-17.

"Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil." (this passage taken in context is even better)

So, while I will never post for my own indulgence and for views, I have decided that I should tell others about this blog. Momentous decision? Hardly. But important nonetheless. Our spoken word and actions may be more powerful, but the written word can still reach a greater audience. What might this blog be like in twenty years? Dead? Thousands of views a day? Still mostly the same? Comments being left about coming to Christ because of this blog?

Truly, only God knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through