A Star (song)

Here's a song I've been working on and off with for a couple months now. It's....well I think there's a few tweaks left, one or two things I might change a little. Otherwise it's finished. Personally, I think the title is a little cliche, but I like it anyway, and don't have any other ideas for the time being. Enjoy.

I was walking outside,
On a warm summers night,
fifty-three degrees,

I looked up and saw,
The pretty night sky,
Hardly a cloud in sight,

A big giant moon,
Lit it all up,
But it's not what I saw that night,

I saw the stars and a star,
One that shone out loud,
Made me think of you,
Shining from the crowd,
A heart that's all ablaze,
Full of love and grace,
Lighting up the world,
Against a black background,
Caring not who sees you,
'Cause it's all or nothing,
For Jesus with everything,

My eyes looking up high,
Locked on that star in the sky,
And I know why, 'cause,

I think it was,
Sometime in September,
When, I don't quite remember,

Helping a little kid,
Singing a sweet song,
Getting down in the dirt, to work,

It didn't matter what, or where,
When, or when was the end,
Just serving with everything you had,

Chorus

My head came down,
Eyes falling to the ground,
Though the star fell not, from my mind,

I prayed that star might,
Reach others to ignite,
Then evil will tremble with fright,

Chorus

'Cause it's all or nothing,
For Jesus with everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through