Truth... (part 2!)

Earlier I said that God exists. That the argument between God and no God is big enough to need a separate post for itself. So, I decided to start with that. Why do I believe that God exists? And more specifically, the Christian God? While the former isn't to difficult to answer, the latter would take a long time because of so many reasons, so I'm not promising a complete discourse on that.

To sum up the ending, (which I'm using as a beginning) it really comes down to simple faith. And by "simple" I mean Hebrews 11:1, "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

Because, what created the universe? What started it all? What was there, and always was there, that never had anything else that made it? That's what simple faith is in. Simple faith can believe that the universe has always been here, nothing was before it. Simple faith can believe that nothing was before God, and that he made the universe. Despite the multitude of options, realistic or not, everyone has simple faith in something that has always been here. Maybe faith that there isn't anything to put your faith into, or that they don't have faith in anything, yet that's faith in that they don't have it. Though for the life of me, I can't figure out why I would want faith filled with so much nothing, because how do you believe it?

Anyway.... that started going the wrong direction. Do you remember the Hubble telescope thingy? The discovery that the universe is expanding, at an accelerating rate. That's all bit over my head, (pun intended) but the significance is not really the expansion itself, but the ramifications of "hitting the rewind button," as some say it. The important thing is that by calculating the expansion rate and it's acceleration, and then going backward, it not only showed that the universe could only exist in thousands of years, but that it all eventually came back to a zero point of nothing, rewound enough. Thousands of years, because with anything more it all shrunk into negative space, which doesn't exist. There isn't anything less than nothing.

Now what's interesting is that shows that the universe hasn't always existed. At least at first inspection. However much data supports that, there are a great deal of explanations as to the expansion of the universe, as well as explanations for the creation of it. Ranging from logical to illogical, the point is that after looking at what data we have, one must believe that either there is no God, or that there is. Well wait a moment, where did God come from? That's what I have simple faith in. It's not simple for lack of evidence, because everything that I've ever studied has pointed to a spiritual God that created the universe. Spiritual, because I don't think that nothing can make matter, and I don't believe in matter making matter, because where did that matter come from? Something spiritual, that exists outside of time, space, energy and matter, started it all.

The reason I don't believe in no God, is that last statement, about matter creating the first matter. After all, the matter that creates the first matter, would really be the first matter, and then you would need some other matter that created that first matter....and at this point I simply can't go along with it.

None of that answers why I believe in the Christian God, but it does cover the basic grounds for my "simple faith" in a God.
 
If you're still reading, thank you for reading this far! Unfortunately, and fortunately, I suppose I'm going to have to write a part three now. So I hope you've been enjoying the trip, as I have enjoyed writing without so much worry over organizing everything to be wrapped up in one post. Now it's time for a rather late lunch. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through