EDIM 21 - Moar Music

Moar - slang term for emphasis on "more" in an outrageous form. (Note: definition brainstormed on the spot)

"Music is simply wild sounds civilized into time and tune."

I really like that saying. The more music I hear, the more it fits. It might not really were you to play a top 40 or dance hit, but the massive variety and sweeping scope of music is quite dramatic. Furthermore, music can also be argued to be at the judgement of the listener, whether you agree to that or not is up to you, I'm not sure I do myself. An interesting facet, for example: country music. I grudgingly admit it's musical qualities, but I loathe it and consider renouncing that it has any claim to music.

On the flip side, I appreciate some things often looked down upon.... including copious amounts of dissonance and over-enthusiastic singing. Or ambient sound so loosely guided I doubt at times my own assurance of the musical qualities within.

Music is so amazing! I listen every morning, during the day, every night. I admit, I find my bible and ipod side by side at times, and  it can become an idol. I tried going for a week without music, and it put things in perspective. God must be first.

Anyway, music is so awesome it can change that highly influential thing "feelings" within one song. Fickle feelings. That itself lends importance to music though. I know different people are affected differently and more or less by music, but something that influential shouldn't be glossed over. Whatever is pumped into the head comes back out in some way.

Grr. Unfortunately I'm out of time AGAIN, so here's just a few wildly varied songs, they will have to do. I could go on and on about music, especially if it was late at night, but I think that would end up detrimental, possibly to your brain even. That would be horrible.

Intro
The Last Days Of A Tragic Allegory
Spectres de Mouse
Define Dancing 
Translucent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through