EDIM 13 - Respite

Unduly tired. It must be something to do with all the social standing around chit-chat stuff... graduation time effects each differently. Makes me feel startlingly older than I think of myself as, and apprehensive of the big two-oh coming up. That's crazy. I was fifteen just a bit ago...

This month has been -and still is- a month of preparation. Come June I'm headed off to help counsel for "Camp Bethany", and prep is much needed. Prayer so greatly appreciated! Being I guess what you could call a "senior" counselor of the camp, I've been working on that thing every christian needs to know by heart; your five minute testimony. Of course I'll probably get more than five minutes, but that's good enough. I've always been told that your personal testimony is right up there with scripture when it comes to sharing Jesus with others, and personal observation proves the point.

Some points to remember about testimonies:
It's the story of what God has done in and for my life, and continues to do. Not a story about me.
It needs to describe my condition before Christ, without unduly describing sin.
It needs to describe when/how Christ changed my life.
It needs to describe aspects of Christ's life in my now.

That's as much for my benefit as for you, as writing down points always helps to clarify things. There's a few letters to write individuals, and a good scouring of the theme passage for camp.... which reminds me I'm not sure what it is. Something in Timothy I believe, this year the theme is "The Spirit Of Adventure". Ah yes, and we have not been given a spirit of timidity, but of power. Life with Christ may not be all sunshine and hopping bunnies, but it's not a drear trudge through a rut of law and tedium either. It truly is, an adventure. One that I would not trade for anything else, something God reminds me of everyday as he teaches me his ways. It's not a painless life, but it gives reason for the pain, reason to continue despite.

Congrats all you seniors out there! Always remember, your life doesn't start with graduation; your life starts with Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through