EDIM 3 - Conclusions

I realize I tread closely to redundancy by writing about writing so much, but it always seems necessary. The mass of peoples around don't seem to realize that coming to a conclusion is very helpful. I can think all I want, but if I don't reach a conclusion to start from next time, I'll never make any progress. I speak of this as a struggle for me, because of course it is, but I include you too. Emotions, feelings, beliefs, relations, ideals, you need to reach conclusions with those. It's ok if they aren't perfect and you know it, they can be changed later; if you never make any conclusions at all though, your life will age while your character remains immature and vulnerable.

This isn't something I've thought about and reached a conclusion over, this is from firsthand observation. I refuse to believe you can't notice yourself the plight of at least one person you're in proximity with, or that one thing in the back of your mind that takes an undue amount of brooding time and remains as yet unresolved.

Thus I return to writing; with more on my mind.

Conclusions don't necessarily seem important, and can be rather vague, but I've got a good standpoint for arguing whether they are worth it. If you're a highschool graduate, or have been, you should know what I'm talking about. At this point, everything is either unresolved and up in the air, or nailed down tight with no room for alteration. I'm in no way surprised to see a growing amount of apathy amongst this age group, the simple desire to do anything but think about what's constantly nagged as important is strong.

Eh. I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore. I just can't help but become sad when interacting with the average teen. It's incredibly easy to befriend them, and afterwards just as incredibly hard to help them. While they're quite open to friendship, quality time, and talking about a great many things, it takes a dear amount of time and devotion to commit to pouring you life into one -the objective being achieved only by the power of God and a lot of prayer- in the hopes of pulling them out of the comforting solace of apathy and sometimes conscious ignorance.

This, I guess is bringing me around to whatever it is I can't seem to pinpoint, that I've concluded that conclusions are very beneficial to these apathetic teens brooding over the thousand and one things thrown at them. So many, that instead of remorselessly singling out one thing and pursuing it to the end, the great cloud combined shatters all fortitude and drives these precious, dear, lost beings back to the impenetrable defense of apathy.

So, here's what I'd suggest: the next time you find yourself swarmed over, brooding with crisscrossing problems, refuse to flit from one to another. Grab one and dig at it until you reach the root, and decide right there what your actions will be regarding that particular one until further notice. It won't be the best thing to do, but that won't matter. The mere act of doing something you've personally deemed worthwhile and expected to help is an improvement versus doing nothing which that small part of you knows will only mean you'll have to face the thing again. With decidedly less enthusiasm.

I'm going to stop there while this entry still bears some resemblance of coherency. Grass still grows and we must keep it short and all that stuff ya know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Familiarity Breeds

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Still Muddling Through